Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Meeting with RE

Yesterday we had a meeting with our RE (reproductive endocrinologist) in Indy. They like you to meet with the dr once you've reached 4 IUIs to assess where to go next. He told us we are kind of at a point we can go either way, do another IUI ($3500) or move onto IVF ($15,000+). We don't exactly know what to do yet. It's such a scary unknown. Ryan and I have talked and talked about it and we still aren't 100% what to do, with IVF there are different packages and options to choose and choosing which one is going to be best is crazy!!! We got pregnant twice doing IUI, had one chemical pregnancy and one miscarriage, so I don't know whether to give it one more shot or not. I just wish someone would say, do this it will work! I feel like this is the biggest decision and I'm scared to make the wrong one, $15,000+ is a LOT of money. I wish we knew someone who had been through this and could be a sounding board, but unfortunately we don't. What to do?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment